Translating some of the research activities into education forms an important part of E2-Create. This translation takes the form of teaching activities in workshops, seminars and lectures and the supervision of students whose topic for a Bachelor or Master thesis is directly connected to the project’s research.
- Online Course – E2-Create EducationA site with the name E2-Create Education has been created that hosts a series of educational articles. These articles have been written by the fellow to provide an introduction into several topics that are central to the E2-Create project. The topics addressed include Contemporary Dance, Movement Sensing, Computer Simulation, and Machine Learning. In addition, several… Continue reading Online Course – E2-Create Education
- Workshop “CCL Chatham”The Choreographic Coding Lab (CCL) format offers opportunities of exchange and collaboration for digital media artists, designers and creative coders who have an interest in translating aspects of choreography and dance into digital form. This CCL takes place from July 4 to 8, 2022 in Chatham near London in the A+E Lab. The CCL is… Continue reading Workshop “CCL Chatham”
- Seminar “Dance, AI, and Sonification”A presentation explaining the creative process for creating the new dance piece “Embodied Machine” was given to students from the philosophy class of Victoria Perez Royo, University of Zaragoza. The seminar took place at Etopia, the Center for Art and Technology in Zaragoza.
- 07.01.2022 – CCL Berlin -ShowingSeveral participants of the Choreographic Coding Lab Berlin presented their outcomes to organisers and participants of all the other Kollisionen Workshops that took place at UDK Berlin.
- Workshop “CCL Berlin”The Choreographic Coding Lab (CCL) format offers opportunities of exchange and collaboration for digital media artists, designers and creative coders who have an interest in translating aspects of choreography and dance into digital form. This CCL takes place from January 3 to 7, 2022 in the context of the “Kollisionen” event of the UDK Berlin.… Continue reading Workshop “CCL Berlin”
- Lecture “Interaktive Medienanwendungen”In collaboration with researcher and teacher Ephraim Wegner, a term course entitled “Interaktive Medienanwendungen” is being taught at Offenburg University. This course introduces both classical and state of the art machine learning techniques to students from computer science and media design. The focus lies on the application of such models for audiovisual analysis and synthesis. The… Continue reading Lecture “Interaktive Medienanwendungen”
- Workshop “Decoding Dance”In collaboration with Instituto Stocos, a workshop entitled “Decoding Dance” was taught to dance artists, musicians, and other creative professionals interested in digital art. The workshop took place from September 14 to 18, 2021 and was organised by Mercat de les Flors. The content of the workshop focused on techniques of real-time motion recording, digitalisation,… Continue reading Workshop “Decoding Dance”
- Term Project – Daniel LamDaniel Lam has conducted a term project at the Institute of Applied Mathematics and Physics, Zurich University of Applied Research. His project entitled “Motion sequence analysis of human dancers using wearable sensors and deep learning” employs the concept of time delay stability (TDS) to identify and quantify dynamic links among physiological system in order to… Continue reading Term Project – Daniel Lam
- Master Thesis – Fengan LiIn combination with an internship at MotionBank, Hochschule Mainz, Fengan Li has conducted her master thesis project for her degree of Masters of Science in Digital Humanities, at KU Leuven. The thesis with the title “Ephemerality Captured” documents the creation of a motion capture dataset for contemporary dance. The master thesis is available here.